Boys & Girls Club of Pharr Scholarship Opportunities
Boys & Girls Club of Pharr believes in furthering education. That's why we offer a scholarship to help students with their educational costs. If you're interested in volunteering and/or receiving scholorships through the Boys & Girls Club of Pharr, contact us for more information.
ConocoPhillips Scholarship Program
Phillips Petroleum Company and Boys & Girls Clubs of America joined together in 1989 to launch a partnership intended to identify, mentor and support disadvantaged youth with tutoring, help in developing good study habits, counseling and mentoring. The Phillips 66er's Scholarship program has not only had an enormous impact on the young adults excelling in school who are interested in pursuing higher education, but thousands of other children in local clubs. This program has provided assistance to the members of local clubs by providing tutoring, educational enhancement activities, mentoring and one-on-one counseling, college preparation skills and many other aspects that provide the children with the opportunity to grow and achieve academic excellence. Four year college scholarships are available to eligible Boys & Girls Clubs members. ln 2002, Conoco, lnc. and Phillips Petroleum Company merged. Thus, in 2003 the scholariship was renamed the ConocoPhillips, Scholarship Program.
- You must be a member of a Boys & Girls Club for a minimum of two years upon entering your senior year in high school
- A grade average of "8" upon entering your senior year of high school is required.
- You must pursue a career in a field of study related to the petroleum industry (i.e. engineering, geosciences, accounting, computer science and certain business degrees).
- Scholars must pledge to abstain from illegal substances throughout college.
- Scholars must attend one of the approved colleges or universities.
- All scholarship recipients must maintain a 3.0 grade point average each semester of college.