Volunteering at Boys & Girls Club of Pharr
Boys & Girls Club of Pharr relies on the support of hundreds of volunteers. They are the foundation of Boys & Girls Club of Pharr. Each individual who generously donates their time brings personal and professional interests and skills that dramatically enrich the lives of our kids and their families.
You Can Make a Difference!
- Act as a mentor for youth
- Act as a role model
- Become a board member
- Help kids with homework
- Teach outdoor skills
- Work with a fundraising committee
- Assist with special events
- Encourage pre-school learning and literacy
- Help parents develop their parenting skills
- Listen to teens that need an extra adult in their life
- Share their professional knowledge
- Become a coach to a group of kids
- and more...
We offer a wide variety of sports for kids which could not be provided without the help of volunteers. Volunteers are needed as coaches, referees score keepers and to run concessions.
Volunteers play a huge role in the planning and execution of many of our special events year-round.
Help make positive decisions that will impact the lives of children within the community by joining a Club's Advisory Board.
If you are unsure about working directly with children, we have ways for volunteers to still make a difference. Often we need volunteers for Club leadership, data entry, mailings, phones and front counter assistance.
How do you get involved?
To ensure the safety and comfort of our volunteers and our young people, we require that each of the following items be completed prior to placing an individual in a volunteer position.
A volunteer applicant must:
- Attend a pre-screening interview
- Meet with program staff for area of interest
- Successfully complete a Police Check
- Successfully complete a Child Intervention Check
- Supply 3 letters of reference
Boys & Girls Club of Pharr offers activities for every child with every type of interest. Volunteers are needed to assist program staff with
- Art Activities
- Technology Programs
- Education and Career Development
- Health and Life Skills
Character and Leadership Development
- Sports/Fitness and Recreation
- And much more
Come help make a difference in the life of a child!