Each of our Clubs is equipped with a Technology Center, complete with Internet accessible computers along with photography and video equipment. The curriculum is expansive to cover a broad range of member interests and to promote exploration of technical skills to enhance academic achievement and career opportunities.
Boys & Girls Club of Pharr's technology program is designed to support a multitude of learning styles and environments through a combination of self-directed learning, group instruction and individual teaching.Primary Goals of Technology Program
- Provide youth with access to technology.
- Develop members' technical skills.
- Promote workforce readiness by increasing career options for youth.
- Support members' academic performance.
Secondary Goals and Objectives
- Nurture youths' creativity through multi-media, writing and art.
- Enhance overall Club programs through total infusion of technology
- And encourage responsible usage of technology. (e.g., safe Internet use).
Technology Center Programs
- Safe and responsible Internet use and research
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Graphic arts and animation
- Desktop layout and publishing
- Web design and production
- Digital photography
- Video production
- Music mixing